Saturday, August 16, 2014

ダンボの旅: Trapped

Sometimes the worst thing about being over here is a sense of being trapped. Not the claustrophobic, ugh I live in 11m² box of a "Home" trapped, but stuck in my mind trapped. Everyday here I see and experience so many different wonderful things that I cant wait to use or share these experiences and sights with my family and friends back in the US.
For me being a lover of all things mechanical, and Japan having one of the most diverse and amazing car cultures in the world, its rough. Everywhere I go I get different ideas for my own projects now silently waiting at home. Waiting... That's the hardest for me, not being able to work on things despite all these exciting ideas constantly popping up in my head. Now I'm allowed only to mediocrity sketch my ideas out in my notebooks.
Thankfully through that and now my bike, so glad I decided to bring the kabuki over, though its a double edged sword at times. While it gives me something to work on and fiddle with. Its on those long peaceful rides that my mind goes wild with new thoughts of projects and the future. At least with maintaining and slowly upgrading it though I am given a slight outlet for the mass of insanity that's slowly brewing in my mind.

No comments: