Thursday, August 28, 2014

ダンボの旅: Three River Car Show


Halfway through summer and just now finally getting around to getting to an outdoor car show eek, it's been busy. Bring on the... wait... American cars?


Like most Saturdays woke up and then rolled out of the house around 9am. Today would be a new experience, never having ridden the slightly oldschool Meitetsu (Signboards in Kanji Only) line out to Toyota City. Thankfully I got on the right train and was there in downtown Toyota City. Which for being what it is would have imagined it being bigger and more luxurious given the money and industry here. A short walk down one of the main drags and there I was at the stadium, greated by a sea of lowriders and ratrods. Definitely not the sight I was expecting but not gonna lie, I was smiling.




The sheer amount of Impalas everywhere was also a nice sight, INC baby!




Walking down the line found came upon these sick dropped VW's. So simple, clean and that tuck... Gotta love the look, demands attention yet isn't out there screaming at you to get it.


g
Finally found some J-Tin in the form of this sweet Hilux




Despite the slight showers off n on the turn out was great. And with live music everyone was having a goodtime. Man I love the Japanese style delivery trucks. These "Clamshell" side doors are sweet, and they make a great double as a mobile stage (^-^).


Spotted this tank on the way out, so decided to see what else the Parking Lot had to offer. And man was I glad I did...


Dropped Corona's



And Check out that roof, that's just awesome!



Crowns


A few Bluebirds



This was the show I had originally expected.


On the way back stopped by the Bike lot. Walking around all these bikes makes me long for my Yamaha's waiting back at home.




As some may know, Japans pretty well known for finding something they like, embracing it fully, and improving it. Three Rivers Car Show was definitely a good display of that. While I was originally just wanting to see Bluebirds, Hakosukas, Crowns and the sorts. I was pleasantly surprised with all the sweet American tin that I'm sure would get equal love back in the states.

No comments: