Saturday, August 9, 2014

ダンボの旅: 100 Days and counting with only a paring knife.... Cooking



The extent of my cooking skills Haha... I kidd. Although I'm always shocked when I tell people I can actually cook and do quite often, though I prefer baking by far. But since one can't live off of cookies, cakes and bread alone, or can they???, I find myself cooking more often.

Idk why get surprised any more when people are shocked to find out I cook or one of the various other "Odd" thinks (In the view of society) That I'm capable of or interested in. As many of you that know me know, I don't fit the mold... For, well just about anything most of the time. I'm an Engineer and a Photographer; I work on old cars, ride motorcycles, Bike, have rebuilt and use a Sewing machine from 1949 and I cook... but I digress. You know that whole saying, you don't know what you have till its gone. Well I can full heatedly say that's true now with my current cooking quarters. I went from my awesome (minus electric range (-_-))spacious kitchen with pretty much everything to... A hot plate, Paring knife and a Sauce pan and Skillet. So while my kitchen is now a far cry from, well... a kitchen as we think of in the US.




Where it lacks I've now been blessed with a steady supply of fresh "Vegetables with Dirt!" as my friend Tommy usually excitedly describes the most recent crop he's harvested.


One of Tommy's "Gardens"


My "Kitchen" Please excuse the ghetto set up... I had yet to purchase a Sauce pan, The Carrots and Potatoes needed used... So I made due.


My "Counter" for food prep, aka my computer desk.


Snap peas with a little garlic n pepper and Pork that I think I seasoned with Soy and some other things.


The resultant mashed potatoes and carrots with pork again lol.


More Snap pea's and then my favorite creation up to that point. One I found bread and cheese finally. So caramelized onions, garlic pork melt (Cheese and top added after). And looking back now at how amazingly tasty caramelized onions & garlic is and how I keep getting onions from Tommy, I will no longer question why I'm single haha.
 

No comments: