Tuesday, April 22, 2014

ダンボの旅: Reunited: Picking my bike and furthering a friendship



Well last Friday we left the comfy confines of Village Takakura and moved into our cozy, keyword tiny, company housing. In the chaos of trying to pack 8 peoples baggage into 2 small Japanese Vans I left my small, but large compared to the space we had, folding bike back at the hotel. So after a week of having to walk everywhere I was overly happy to head back and pick it up.








It was strange, although it had only been 3 months the hotel had really become my home. Between the amazingly kind and helpful staff, tasty food or just all around happy atmosphere. Walking back through the sliding glass doors it felt like coming home.
And there waiting with coffee and a bag of freshly picked edabame was Toyomi, aka Tommy. Tommy, like the rest of the crew at Village Takakura had also previously been an Aisin worker at some point and upon retiring and deciding to look for more work hired back in here. Tommy originally worked for the Chemical side but is now the happy desk manager and part time farmer that I'm proud to call my friend. After about an hour of catching up over coffee and edabame we promised to meet again next Wednesday at an english group where he had many friends he wanted to introduce to me.

 Next: For once English seems easy...

No comments: