Monday, May 19, 2014

ダンボの旅: Yokohama Pt. III


The last few days were a mix of meh and nice weather. Which honestly for me doesn't really change much but for the need of carrying an umbrella. There's something refreshing and calming about a nice walk about in the rain.

Given the meh weather I decided what not better time than to hit up the museums and this beautiful ship. It should be noted that there is a rather nice museum shore side that has more on the history of NYK and quite a few rather nice models as well. Unfortunately they don't allow photos :[



Onboard the ship however photos were welcomed. It's amazing how much has changed when it comes to sea travel now. This was definitely a much different time.


While small as to be expected of a cabin, it still had everything you'd need. And lol, actually probably comparable in size with my current residence.



One of the nicer suites with twin beds. The wood working back then was so amazing.


Face

Forward viewing deck.


Anyone wanna guess how many of layers of paint that is haha.


Upon disembarking from the Hikawa Maru I was pleasantly surprised to find that the weather had cleared.


Hikawa Maru on the Right and a freshly returned cruise ship at the pier to the left.


People were now out and about enjoying the sunshine and watching as other Cruiseliners returned home.


After a brief stop back at the hotel I walked over to the worlds largest China-town. It was a mass of chaos, kids and oh so delicious smells. After finding a hat and lunch I headed south to the outlet malls, but decided that I must come back that evening.


And China-town didn't disappoint. While the people were a little less, the colors were even more amplified and exciting.

Aimlessly walking I found myself following the strings of beautiful red lanterns weaving smoothly across the streets.

Finally my stomach told me it was time, and I ducked down a side alley and found a cozy little place with cheap Tsingtao and some amazingly spicy and oh so tasty freshly made ramen noodles. 


No comments: